Monday, January 14, 2013

Super Tripp Turns 4!

This weekend, we had a very special birthday party for son Tripp's 4th birthday. He is very into superheroes now, and is convinced that he is Super Tripp, so that was the perfect theme for my special guy on his big day.

I used my Comic Superhero party package from my Etsy shop and tweaked it to go with his superhero costume that I made for him for Halloween this year, which was blue and orange. I found some clearance superhero comic books at Hastings to use in the decorations to keep with the comic book theme, which, I will add, my father really enjoyed.  I glued comic book pages to posterboard for the backdrop for the table, and also modge podged some to a cardboard T from Hobby Lobby. I also found a styrofoam block and modge podged pages to it for a server for the cupcakes. I made superhero masks for the kids out of craft foam and elastic, and we had some Villain Balloons for decorations as well.

My trusty sidekicks (and sisters) Lisa, Chelsi and Casey helped me decorations and food. We made cupcakes, of course!, and some adorable Cakepop Bombs which were very popular. We used my cakepop pan to make chocolate cakepops, then dipped them in cocoa candy coating. I stuffed some pieces of Twizzler Pull-N-Peels into the tops for "fuses". They were very good!  Since we didn't make a cake, we put a candle in a cupcake to sing to the birthday boy. We served spaghetti and garlic bread to all of the guests (you might notice spaghetti stains on the kids mouths in some pictures ;).

I also set up a photo booth area in Tripp's bedroom for all of the kids to take photos with the photo props. They had such a good time with it! I had originally planned some fun games for the kids, but the weather did not cooperate with me and my house just doesn't allow for the room needed :) I was going to build a "brick wall" out of boxes as a photo booth setup and for the kids to "Hulk Smash". Even with the weather being so bad, everyone had a GREAT time! The kids ended the night with a slumber movie party with "An American Tale: Fievel Goes West". I love that movie!

Here are some of the photos from the day.

Table setup
Drinking cups. We put some blue Hawaiian Punch in them later.

Superhero masks and Tripp straws

Tripp LOVES his "T" I made him :)

Hershey's bars

Super Tripp cupcakes!
 

Cakepop bombs!


Banner made from comic book pages
Birthday boy!

Here are some shots of the kids having some fun with the photo booth (I couldn't get Bryant to take any pictures for me!):

Super Tripp!

Alex

Tripp, Caylee and Emilee

Super Paige
Super Emilee

Iron Alex
Paisley

Super Villain Addison (she has a "third eye" for extra villain powers)

Ninja Turtle Lathan
Casey and me :)
Only picture I could get of Bryant, lol. He is too busy :)




Join us out on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/leslieearneststudios

For more great party ideas, check out Bird's Party Blog: http://www.blog.birdsparty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment